Saturday, November 12, 2005

MamaKBear says I'm "IT"

Here is a little something that MamaKBear passed on to me. It's
called "Flick, Pick, and Riff." The procedure is:

1.FLIP open a dictionary, and point to a word.
2.Type the word into Google images.
3. PICK an image that strikes you.
4.Write a 10-line RIFF on the image.
5. Use the word or meaning of the word at least once in the first
five lines of the riff.
6. Tag 3 other bloggers on your list.

My word: SACRED


On the third day, she arrived at the floor
of the valley. The guide had sent her on
alone after day two, as the charter
required. She dipped her face into the
icy springwater and scrubbed off the
makeup. In this sacred place, there was
no need for the painted image she
showed the world. She sat down on a
boulder, and
let its coolness seep
through her clothes
and skin.


No Man's Land was everything the vacation brochures had promised.
No men. No hassles. No one to serve. She
had eight days left to be
herself.




Once upon a time, on my old blog, I did the Book Meme, thanks
to the generosity of Redneck Diva. I tagged 3 people, but only
DeadpanAnn responded. Since my record is 33%, I am not going
to tag anybody, but if you want it, have at it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
Before you leave such a sacred place, I have just one thing to say; "Good luck finding your car keys."
HooRoo
Rebecca

5:58 PM  
Blogger MamaKBear said...

Yay! Thanks for playing! That was great...we all should have such a sacred place, shouldn't we?

I think you're the only one so far of the 3 I tagged to play. It was my first time to be tagged so I wasn't sure if anyone would play.

Great job! :)

12:27 AM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Bec,
That sounds like a problem I might have. I lost the phone last week, and #1 son found it in the pantry. HE put it there when he was looking for a snack.

MamaKB,
This one was easy enough. I usually don't like to meme, but since you're such a loyal reader, I thought I'd give it a try.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home