Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The Poopies Are Growing

Who doesn't love puppies? GRIZZLY, THAT'S WHO!
















Grizzly does not like them around him. They make him nervous.
He tiptoes away, and looks down his nose with distain. If you
look closely, Grizzly has just hit Little Ann with a left hook. And
she is STILL trying to french-kiss him! I know it's Little Ann,
because she is more aggressive than timid boy-dog Cubbie.
Grizzly needs to lighten up. He DID get a new pillow and a new
house out of this stray puppy scenario. Grizzly came from the
Humane Society when he was just a pup. They told us he is
half chocolate Lab, and half Beagle. I believe it. You can see
the Beagle in his straight-up tail, and his shape. Those poopies'
tails will beat you to death if you don't watch out. They wag
faster than the camera can capture. The vet thinks they are a
shepherd mix, because of the way their ears stand up. And
she thinks they will be big dogs, because they are growing fast.

We call them the "poopies" around here, because that's all they
do, leave poop on the porch. #2 son is quite impressed. Only
yesterday, he announced, on the way out the kitchen door to
go to school, "I saw a poop like the top of an ice cream cone!"
When we returned from the cardiologist around 8:00 p.m., he
was a bit upset with Grandma. "She swept off the cone poop!"
He pouted for about 5 minutes. Today, he was somewhat
pacified. "Hey, that poop looks like the top of a mountain!"
That boy might have some issues.















Here is Cubbie, climbing up #1 son's leg for a poopie treat. They
are really kind of shy, and scamper away unless food is involved.
















This picture reminds me of the legendary snake eating its own tail.
I saw it on an old rerun of The Lost World, one of my favorite
shows. Not the movie...the series with Roxton and Margeurite
and Veronica and Malone and Challenger and the old guy who
was only on there the first season.

Anyhoo, here's the whole point I was going to make about the
poopies: they are too big for their box. They have to crawl in on
their bellies. My Hillbilly Husband is going to give them Grizzly's
old house. I told him to set their box down off the porch for a
couple days, then bring the other house around beside the box,
then after a day or two remove the box. HH had a scathingly
brilliant idea. No, not really. That was Hayley Mills in The
Trouble With Angels. HH's idea was neither scathing nor
brilliant. He said, "We want to get them used to staying in the
dog house. I know! We'll put them in it, and turn it up on its end
so they can't get out. Then they'll get used to staying in it!"

Um...no. They will think, "Last time we got in here, we couldn't
get out! Do not go in that dog house!" I think I've persuaded
HH to see things my way. I'll have to watch him, though. He gets
these funny ideas sometimes. Like when he made the kids a
clubhouse in a sinkhole.

6 Comments:

Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

Your Poopies are adorable, I'm very glad they are yours and not mine! I love our Chihuaha and the English Pointer but the Lab is on my last freakin nerve. He was my favorite until he ate the satellite, yes the satellite, on top of the house!!!! Don't ask....

By the way, I have The Trouble With Angels movie and I love it. The kids run when they see me getting it out of the cabinet, they just don't know good movies!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

I'm sure they loved the clubhouse in the sinkhole!! We spent $3000 on the building of a super-nice, fancy playhouse for the kids and they only want to play in their woodland village of Roxenboxen. In fact, Abby asked the other day if we could move the playhouse out to Roxenboxen (in the woods) so they would be more apt to play in it. After I called her an ungrateful child I told her no.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Mrs.,
Our neighbor's Lab takes shoes that are left on the porch, the ceramic rabbits and squirrels my HH puts in the rock garden, and wait, wait ... almost as good as a satellite off the roof, but not quite: he swam in our fake Wal*Mart fishpond and ripped the PUMP out of it and drug it out into the yard.

Oooh! Ya gotta love The Trouble With Angels! Kids these days!


Diva,
Kids say the darnedest things! If you WANTED them to play in the woods, they would scream bloody murder like FITTY was lying in wait.

5:31 PM  
Blogger LanternLight said...

The thing I love about Labs is that they're so easy to train as they have a one-track mind.

"Food. Food. Food.Food. Foooood."

I don't think I could ever own a Mexican Barking Rat though....

7:43 PM  
Blogger Chickadee said...

Those poopies are getting BIG and they are adorable. I also like their names.


LittleAnn has a crush on Grizzly? That's cute. LOL.

http://www.danno.org/blogs

6:07 PM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Lantern,
I agree with you. Those little yipping dogs are creepy with their big ol' eyes. They are always shivering, like they don't have enough hair.

Chick,
Yes, the poopies are growing right out of their house. Little Ann likes to nip. I told #1 son to pinch her when she does it, so she'll know he's top dog.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home