Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Nobody's Hittin' on Me!

Today a girl in one corner of the room made some comment to a
girl in another corner of the room. I didn't quite catch what she said.
The one turned around to look at her and shrugged. So of course
I had to say:

What are you talking about?
Oh, she's just trying to make me mad because of my boyfriend.
(The commenter had the boyfriend before this one got him.)
Why is it that when a girl's boyfriend cheats on her, she always
wants to fight the other girl?
Because we're stupid!
If he cheats, doesn't HE have something to do with it? She can't
be so powerful that she makes him cheat when he doesn't want to.
When a girl tells me my boyfriend cheated, I ask him, and I believe
what he tells me.
(The boys look at each other and smirk.)
And you can't fight a boy, because he won't hit a girl.
I would! If she's man enough to hit me, then I'll hit her back, and
she can fight like a man!
My boyfriend doesn't hit me!
Mine doesn't either.
Yeah, because he just said that he'll hit you back, so you don't
hit him!
But it makes you feel SO much better to hit someone!
This is scary. You are the generation that will be taking care of me
when I'm in a nursing home.
They'll probably HIT you!
Yeah, cause it makes them feel better. I can just imagine it: "Ahh...
I feel so much better now. I'm sure my boyfriend and I can work
things out."
Ha ha! No. But really...you DO feel better when you hit someone!

Then the bell rang, and we could not pursue the topic further.

Another class discussed my Hip Happenin' Adventure in Wal*Mart.

Man! I would have made them call the amubulance. My dad says
if I ever fall down in a store like Wal*Mart, to lay there until they
call the ambulance. He says that's the only way you'll get any money
out of them, because they use such good lawyers.

Yeah. My dad says if I'm ever in a car wreck, to say my back or
neck hurts, and make them take me in an ambulance. Because it's
hard to tell if your neck or back are really hurt.

That's the future of our nation, people. One big population of rich
people who don't have to work, who fall down a lot, but feel good
because they hit people whenever they want. And they have plenty
of spare time to steal each other's boyfriends.

H*ll. Handbasket. You do the math.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacie said...

In a handbasket for sure. I was talking with Shael's school councelor about the W.I.S.E. U.P. class. Wisdom In Sexuality Education & Understanding Parenting. Uh, yeah. Not for MY kid! I told her that I didn't want my child in that class, that it was my resposibility to teach her about sex, not the school's. She didn't say anything for a while then said "Well, if the world only had more Mike and Stacie's, we wouldn't need classes like this" So many people would rather let the school do all the birds and the bees talk so they don't have to do anything. Not me, I don't want my daughter to end up pregnant at 16.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Stacie,
I love the name of that class. A couple years ago, our PE teacher brought in a guest speaker for the sex ed. The kids said every day they talked about a new STD. The speaker would start out the lesson with, "I have this friend who had..." syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes, genital warts, etc. I asked if they learned anything, and they said, "That lady needs to get some new friends!"

9:54 PM  
Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

Mr.Coach went to a teacher training day and of course, signed-up for the Sex Ed update, not that he himself needs it but he'll go anywhere they talk about sex. Man, he came home with all these "great new ideas", I think he totally lost the purpose of the class!!!!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

My kids have already declared that they're not wiping my wrinkly ol' butt when I'm old and now I have to worry about some young whippersnapper hitting me!? I don't wanna get old.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Mrs.,
Mr.Coach has a thirst for knowledge. In fact, he yearns for it.

That's one of my favorite quotes from Designing Women. Charlene said it when she was caught reading a book. Except for the Mr.Coach part, of course.

Diva,
Next thing you know, your teeth in the glass beside the bed will start back-talking you. Geezers don't get no respect!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home