Friday, May 12, 2006

Graduatin' Ceremony

Late again. I have just returned from graduation ceremonies. Oh,
don't think I went by choice. Hillbilly Mom doesn't like crowds.
Our high school faculty have to wear graduation robes and walk in
the processional and sit behind the podium for the whole deal.

In one way, it's good, because you have a guaranteed seat, the best
in the house. In another way, it's bad, because you are required to
be there. Sometimes I even work up a little tear. Not because I
have to go, but because I have had some of these kids for 6 years.
Some I've just had for a year. Still, I claim them. I am sure I am
the sole reason for their success. I am all-powerful, remember.
I can force my Hillbilly Husband to eat an entire can of baked
beans with 4 hot dogs. WooHoo! Don't mess with Hillbilly Mom!

We had a good time waiting for the thingy to start, sitting around
in Ms. L's room. Funny how you gravitate to those people who
amuse you. After a brief interlude with Mabel, I found myself
surrounded by none other than Mr.K, Mr.G, and Mr.S. They're
like moths to my flame, I tell you. Mabel had to run off to sing
for her supper. No, not really. She had pot roast, with 4 bites
of meat and 1 green bean. I think it was a Smart One. Apparently,
she wasn't. That wouldn't stick to my ribs for long. In fact, it
may not stick at all, what with all the fat being in the way, and
making my ribs slippery. At least I don't have dislocated ribs,
like one of my graduates this evening.

Mr. K has been up to his tricks again. He told me not to even
think this cat-deal is over. Heh heh. He is the one who should
be preparing. I'm going to make him a nice little going-away
book for his home library. A 'cat-alogue', if you will.

He also found out that my photos come from mycathatesyou.com.
Darn you, K-man, for having the smarts to google the quotes that
appear on the pictures. I think I have changed the words enough
when I post the quotes that he won't end up at my mansion. I
always forget the cat's name, or the exact wording of the quote.
Hip hip hooray for my peri-Alzheimer's disease.

It was a beautiful evening to drive home. A big 'ol full moon lit
up the sky. The orange Low Coolant light lit up my large SUV.
He's a liar, my small rectangular luminescent friend. He might as
well change his name to The Little Orange Light Who Cried
Low Coolant. Because every time I make HH check it, the
coolant is fine. Yeah. What's he gonna do when I quit believing
him, that LOLWCLC? I'll tell you what he's gonna do--he's
gonna go up in a fiery conflagration when the coolant really is
low, and I don't believe him, and burn up the engine. It'll be
curtains for you, TLOLWCLC! And me to, I guess. Though
my #1 son is such a believer in ON STAR that he will no
doubt sit in the flames and await their rescue.

That's all I've got for tonight. That 1 hour 35 minute graduation
took it out of me. My sacroiliac was achin' by the time it was
over. Another year almost gone. We have Monday, Tuesday,
and a teachers' work day Wednesday. Then I will be running
amok through Blogland.

4 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

My sacroiliac was achin' last night too. But not from a graduatin' ceremony but from MONSTER TRUCKS!!!

No actual monster trucks touched my sacroililac...I just meant that I had sat on it too long whilst watching MONSTER TRUCKS. Just thought I'd clear that up.

I just can't type MONSTER TRUCKS without capitalizing the words. It's un-Amerrcan.

Tater's car has a LOLWCLC, too! They've checked and checked the coolant and it's fine. It might be a conspiracy.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Diva,
The MONSTER TRUCKS are going to take over the world. They are starting with The Little Orange Lights Who Cry Low Coolant!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

Long ceremony you attended HBM! Our graduation only lasted 20 minutes and that included 2 slide shows! Guess it's hard to drag it out when there is only 8 of them graduation. We could have read their entire family tree and still been out of there before the gym lights were fully on!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Heh heh. You could have read their entire family tree. So I guess they're all related to each other, huh?

Our lovely graduating class of 76 students started with the Silly String before the principal even said, "I now present to you, the Hillbilly Mom High School graduating class of 2006." Impatient young whippersnappers!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home