Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Big Blogger 2 - Task 9 - Bumper Stickers

This week's Big Blogger 2 challenge is to create bumper stickers.

What Big Blogger wants to see is:
  • One political sticker
  • One comical sticker
How about...

George Bush: Proof That Any DoNot Can Be President

and...

Kids: Can't Live With 'Em, Can't Eat Without 'Em

In case these do not make sense to you, I sometimes refer to my
students as 'DoNots'. That is because they Do Not do any of
their homework, they Do Not get along with others, and in general,
they Do Not do what is expected of them on a daily basis.

My 11-year-old son is quite disillusioned with Mr. Bush. Back
when he won the election (well, actually, he stole it, but that is
a tale for another day), my boy was younger, but still upset.
"Mom! He was only a C STUDENT!!! And he's PRESIDENT!"
The boy was outraged. His IQ is higher than George's. Really.
OK, so it's like the time HH bragged, "My boy has an IQ of
almost 100!" That could apply to Bush, methinks. I know that
my boy's is well above average, because the school tested him
and put him in gifted class. That was because his kindergarten
teacher referred him, saying that he had all the classic signs.
Perhaps it was when he asked Santa for a fax machine for
Christmas.

The second one is a bumper sticker for teachers. It comes courtesy
of my old teaching buddy, Karen, from my haunted school, who
was obviously in this business only for the big bucks. It's a teacher
kind of thing. We don't really eat kids here. It's just a nasty rumor.
I dare anybody to prove it.


Big Blogger 2 Inmates






5 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

It's too bad someone kicked me out of the Cyberhouse because I had some good ones. Yep. That's a shame. The world will never know how damn witty I am.

Well, they already know how damn witty I am, but they'll never know what my bumper stickers would've said.

And besides being damn witty, I'm humble, too.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

:) I like your bumper stickers :)

9:33 PM  
Blogger Dominique said...

OH HM! How I have missed this place. We have been really busy and I haven't been checking my favorite blogs lately (ok, more like months). Anyway, got an email today that made me think of you...
Due to the climate of political correctness now pervading America,
Kentuckians, Tennesseeans, North Carolinians, Virginians and West Virginians will no longer be referred to as "HILLBILLIES."

You must now refer to us as APPALACHIAN-AMERICANS.

Thank you!

Now if you'll excuse us, we got possums and squirrels to fry...

2:03 PM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Diva,
Your are witty. You are not Fitty. Methinks. I'm planning an official farewell post to you one of these days. Beware.

Cazzie,
Yours were good, too. And the T-shirt.

Nique,
We're the last to get political correctness. No, I take that back. Last will be the fitness-challenged people formerly known as fat.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Dominique said...

If I don't get off my lazy butt soon then I too will be Fitness-Challenged!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home