Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Don't Worry, Clarice.


It was a peaceful day at the
Mansion. The boys created their
own swirling "lazy river" by
running around the pool a few
times. Then...



THE VISITOR arrived.


He was fairly large for a visitor
of his type. He could have
reached across the deck boards
with his 6-inch wingspan. We
were a bit apprehensive, but
he sat, silent, without a mouth.
















No, he's not a Death's Head Moth. The best I can tell, he's a
Polyphemus Moth. So I'm not going to be murdered and
made into a skin suit for Jame Gumb, but this thing's babies are
going to eat my wooden house. Six of one...half a dozen of the
other, I suppose. Not moths. That's just a saying. I'd freak out
if I saw six of those moths.

He's not as big as the giant green Luna Moth that was perched on
our cedar porch support while the Cabana Boys put in the pool.
I didn't get a picture of him, what with the excitement of the
Cabana Boys and all. Did you know that these moths only live
for seven days, and have no mouthparts? They can't eat. Their
job is to mate, lay eggs, and die. YooHoo...are you still with me?
I seem to have left you at "Cabana Boys".

My Hillbilly Mama was sitting on the deck, watching the boys.
She got up to move a stack of air mattresses, and set them
down right on top of ol' Mothra. I told her she'd better sleep
with one eye open. And then I told her of the MothMan legend.

Yep. Hillbilly Mom. Spreading the love...one person at a time.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Hahaha, spreading the love hey...that's hillarious!!! And back to the cabana boys..yes..you did leave me there and I even went back a few entires to ahve another perve at them oh so loverly bodies!!! Hot damn woman..I'd get em back and get them to put in a bubbling spa just for the perve of it!! What's money got to do with it? Money for nothing and the cabana boys for free...

8:00 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

My almost five year old daughter said, "Oh mum, what the heck? THat's one big mother of a moth!" I said, oh yeah Sarah, it sure is..outta the mouths of babes!!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Stewed Hamm said...

Hopefully that didn't stop you from telling the kids "It puts the sunscreen on its skin, or else it gets the hose again."

Good to see that not every animal gets the "Wild Kingdom" treatment by the cats/poopies.

10:51 PM  
Blogger LanternLight said...

Did "font of all knowledge" Mabel have anything to say about this?

It's been a while since we're heard from her.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Mr Bates said...

Ahhh, nothing like a Jame Gumb reference early in the morning! Now I'm in the mood for some lamb chops!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Got any Chianti to go with that big-a$$ moth? Geez! Y'all grow 'em big up 'ere in Missouri!

Mothra...we actually have a plastic Mothra. And Godzilla. And King Ghidorra....and Gigan....ah aren't little boys fun?

2:30 PM  
Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

Nice moth! I'm now educated for the day! Gotta love teachers blogs, just can't fry your brains they have to learn ya in the process!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Cazzie,
Umm...there might be some kind of law about holding the Cabana Boys in a hot tub indefinitely.

Your daughter might be traumatized, seeing such a big moth, and riding the My Little Pony Rebecca.

Stewington,
Every time I tell my kids that line about the lotion, they say, "Huh?"

The cats had not yet discovered the moth, but earlier in the morning had a rousing game of Cat & Mouse. #1 son said, "Oh, look. They are playing with their toy mouse they got free from the Frontline." Upon closer inspection, he ran back screaming, "It's a REAL mouse! It's eyes are as big as my fingernail!" They must have had a field mouse, or a baby mole. I did not try to help it. I learned my lesson when my chipmunk rescue went OH SO WRONG and I had to leave school to go to the County Health Center for a tetanus shot. Nobody could tell me if chipmunks carry rabies, so I took a chance on that one without the shots.

Lantern,
I'm a bit concerned about Mabel myself. I haven't heard from her since Saturday. I hope Fitty has not been out in her neck of the woods.

My Dear Mr. Bates,
Now I am in a quandry. Would you like your lamb chops with some fava beans and a nice Chianti, or do you plan to smuggle bits of them out in Gramma Memma's napkins?

Diva,
I already had my Chianti response typed, and you snuck in your comment. So, in the spirit of Designing Women's Julia Sugarbaker, "I'd like to thank you, DI-VAAAA, for appearing to be witty before I was."

Is my Mothra bigger than yours?

Mrs.,
Not only do I spread the love...I also spread the learnin'.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home