Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A-Hunting We Will Go

This morning, the boys and I arose bright and early around 8:30.

I just love summer vacation.
We loaded up the Scout with a
shovel, camera, stick, spare
shoes, phone, metal detector,
and #2 son. Off we went down
to the creek behind the Mansion
to find arrowheads or treasure.


#2 and I got out and walked part of the way, because there are
big rocks in the "road". We didn't mind the bumping. It was the
thought that #1 might turn that contraption over on us. All three
dogs ran along with us, but the cats stayed behind. The poopies
are sometimes not too cat-friendly. The dogs jumped into the
creek ahead of us and ran around. I'm sure it was good for Ann's
pink stitches in her belly.

I was glad I brought my thongs to change into. NO! Not THAT
kind of thongs! The flip flop shoe thingies. I am that old. And it
is so much easier to say and type 'thongs' than 'flip flops'.
I waded up the creek with my
walking stick that #1 broke off
a dead tree. Since HH fell in
the creek the other day, I was
taking precautions. #1 doesn't
know how to drive the tractor
to winch me out if I fall.


We went up past our little A-frame shed that HH used to camp
in with the older boys. Then we went back down the creek to
the part by the new land we got
from the LandStealer. We didn't
find arrowheads or treasure,
but we had a good time. Next
time I will shovel through
the piles of river rock.
The older boy who's in Iraq


now found an arrowhead when he was about 10. He said HH drove
the tractor across the creek, and he spun a giant tractor wheel in the
river rock right in front of the A-frame. What luck. An arrowhead
popped up. That is right across from a spring that feeds the creek.
We might also walk up there and look around.

Do not tell Fitty where we'll be. It's kind of secluded down there.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

I am so darn envious Hillbilly MOM, you got a lovely piece of the Earth there!! Love it!! Love the Scout too..I am sure my kids would love one of them each!!!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Dear Hillbilly Mom...no one has to tell Fitty where you are. He already knows.

MUAH HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

10:49 AM  
Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

Diva! That's just wrong! Don't scare HBM like that or she won't share the Cabana boys with us!

HBM- Mr. Coach takes the youngens around the lake shore searching for fishing lures, Bryce has filled 2 tackle boxes so far, treasure seeking is fun!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Cazzie,
The Scout is the old man's toy. But my 11-year-old drives it when he's gone. Shh...don't tell.

Diva,
Thanks in advance for the weeks of nightmares that is sure to bring.

Mrs.,
Methinks the Diva should heed your advice. Hear that, Diva? No Cabana Boys for YOU! (I am the Cabana Boy Nazi, cousin of Seinfeld's Soup Nazi.)

Maybe next time Mr. Coach can try the land around the golf course. I hear those used golf balls are valuable.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home