Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Ooh! It Burns.

Minor irritation. I have a few. And whining about them here will be
like a soothing salve for what galls me.

1. People (cough*HH*cough) who rinse the dishes in the sink and
leave noodles and hamburger where no garbage disposal has been
introduced.

2. Kids who have not turned in work since August (who are
always "caught up") who bring work on the half-day before
Thanksgiving vacation and ask, "Can you help me with this?"

3. People who rant that reading blogs with black text on a white
background strains the eyes, yet 7 months later say the simple
look is best. (Don't think I'm stepping on anyone's toes--it's
nobody on my blogroll.)

4. People who act like they're your friend...until somebody
"better than you" comes along. (Yeah, well, actually we KNOW
there's nobody better than Hillbilly Mom.)

5. Little boys in Wal-mart who cry because you won't buy a
$49.95 Nintendo GameCube game.(Tell it to Santa, crybabies!)

6. People who I really like, but need to get it together on the
duty situation. Don't trade two people a duty on the same day,
and if you have gym duty, uh, that means keep the kids in the
gym
until the bus duty person calls for them.

7. People who bring the cheapest or easiest thing to a potluck
Thanksgiving dinner. I used to think "loaf of bread guy" was
the most despicable, until I observed "frozen bag of corn gal"
and "can of green beans chick." Thank them, "storebought pie
quintet," for moving y'all down the list.

I will leave you with this pre-Thanksgiving conversation:

"What'd you bring for the potluck dinner?"
"Green beans."
"Casserole?"
"No. A can."
"How are you going to fix them?"
"Microwave, I guess."
"Did you bring seasonings?"
"No."

I know one person who didn't try the green beans.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

ummmm. I've been green bean girl. But in my defense-I DID season and cook them first AT HOME. And I brought SODA too!

I'm a loser. I know.

:)

9:14 PM  
Blogger Dominique said...

Sheesh, throw it in a pot and warm it up and at least PRETEND like you did something to it. My shotgun is prepared for guests like that!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Chickadee said...

LMAO. Ummm, yea, I've been to that potluck dinner. We had someone bring potato chips once. But I think you win with the can of green beans.

http://www.danno.org/blogs

9:31 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I have a minor irritation,
It's called Hillbilly Mom.
It gets on your nerve, under your skin,
All in the name of fun.
One of these days,
I will go and see a dealer.
To have it removed,
Just like the land stealer.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
Yeah, I know, it was a crappy poem. But hey, right now I have a fever and I haven't been able to keep food down for two days. So that makes it a fair effort.
HooRoo
Rebecca

3:46 PM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Kim,
You are so NOT that green bean girl. You took them out of the can and seasoned and cooked them. You didn't just bring in a can and microwave them. As far as the loser part...I will have to investigate that further. Anybody who despises those snotty dance or cheerleader sponsor people is not in my loser category.

Nique,
Yeah, she didn't even pretend or give an excuse.

Chick,
Yep. Even cheaper than a loaf of day-old bread.

Bec,
Maybe that irritation is not me. Maybe it's that toenail-from-hell you had carved out of your toe. As for the fever and the nausea...I seem to have that effect on people.

6:27 PM  
Blogger jules said...

My sister always brought the paper plates, napkins and plastic ware

6:59 PM  
Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

HBM, my sister-in-law brought a 5 lb bag of potatoes to a fish fry, it wasn't so bad but she got there 10 minutes after we started eating. She even took the damned things home when all 7 of her family left!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Jules,
There's one in every crowd. Did she at least open them up and set them on the table, or just throw the bags down?

Mrs.,
That's as bad as my friend grabbing his bowl of dip out of my friend's drunken hands, slapping the lid on it, and saying, "That's my lunch tomorrow, B****!"

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home