Saturday, December 10, 2005

It's Party Time

I don't have as much time to write about nothing today, since #1
son is having his bowling and sleepover party. That means I have
to vacate the Hillbilly Mansion. Oh, he would like me to stay, but
Mrs. S gave me the idea when she left her husband at home with
the partiers. She did return after midnight, but I have modified
her plan to suit my needs. #2 son and I are going to my Hillbilly
Mama's house for the night, where we can be pampered and
spoiled. Not the diaper kind of pamper. Eeewww! That would
be just wrong! My HM will give us the TV remote, and fetch
snacks for us, and make up the couch bed for herself and the
little one. Shhh....He doesn't know that she gets up once he falls
asleep. He thinks she is an early riser.

#1's whole 5th grade class was invited to his party. He said,
"I have to invite them all, Mom, or I can't give out the invitations
at school." Usually 5 or 6 kids are all that show up. With the
snow day, and it being almost Christmas, I don't expect a big
turn-out. He was allowed to invite 5 boys to the sleepover.
Two of his regular cronies can not come. One has to visit his
30-year-old brother (I can't laugh, my boys have 25- and 23-
year-old brothers). The other is in the community college play,
which is "A Christmas Carol."

After the bowling festivities, the sleepover boys are going to
CiCi's Pizza to load up on carbs and Mountain Dew, and
whip themselves into a frenzy playing games. Then they will
come to the Hillbilly Mansion. Here, they can play pool, or
pinball, or air hockey, or foosball, or slots (darn it, we forgot
to change it from tokens to quarters!) or watch TV & DVDs,
or play games on #1's computer, or play GameCube and
GameBoys. We don't have X-Box or PlayStation...they will
just have to deal. We are in the stone age as far as video
games are concerned.

My biggest worry is that HH will fall asleep, and the kids will
dig through the DVDs for something inappropriate. Because
they are that age. At Mrs. S's son's sleepover, he had a plan
to watch "The Matrix" after his parents went to sleep. Narc that
I am, I told Mrs. S, and that didn't happen. It's not like we have
"Best of Ron Jeremy" or anything. I don't even know who Ron
Jeremy is. I hear he's really big in the entertainment industry.
Yeah. That's how I've heard of him...But I won't even let #1
watch many PG13s. He is only turning 11, after all.

HH stocked up on soda. He bought a truckload of donuts
for breakfast, and sausage biscuits, and milk and juice. I hope
nobody vomits like at the last sleepover #1 attended. The kid's
mom said they all slept in one big bed on the floor, and a boy
vomited in the bed, but didn't tell anyone. The next morning
she figured it out from who didn't want any breakfast. She
thinks they overdosed on cake the night before.

Tomorrow, #1 will be hateful and cranky. Mostly because that's
his nature, but extra, because he will be lacking sleep. HH will
be hateful and cranky, because he's the tree that the apple doesn't
fall far from. #2 and I will be invigorated and refreshed. And...
we are going to cut down our real cedar Christmas Tree. I hope
it's not a scraggly little Charlie Brown tree. We'll see what we
can find.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
Geez, if #1 is going to be like that for an 11th birthday, I'd hate to see his 21st. Actually come to think of it, I would like to see it. Mmmm, I've decided to invite myself to your place for that one. See you in ten years.
HooRoo
Rebecca

4:31 PM  
Blogger Chickadee said...

A sleepover...gah! Your smart in retreating to your momma's mansion. I don't envy you tomorrow with all the crankiness. Get our your whip.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Huggies said...

I see Mountain Dew has been mentioned. :-o

10:39 PM  
Blogger MamaKBear said...

God help Hillbilly Husband!! LOL

Hope they don't wreck the place too much!

11:29 PM  
Blogger jules said...

Man your hubby must have really pissed you off to leave him alone with all those boys. Oh yeah, HE got the GOOD drugs when he had HIS operation. Never mind. I understand now.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Bec,
If I don't ship him away to military school by then. That boy needs discipline!

Chick,
Shh...who told you about that whip? Have you been peeping through the mini-blinds into the Hillbilly Mansion? Or did a little birdy tell you?

Huggies,
Oh yes. I saw a recording of some of their activities. Mountain Dew would have shown up in a blood test, I think.

MKB,
HH is off to Germany for 6 days. He'll have time to recover.

Jules,
See how you are answering your own questions? You are either quite mad, or I am teaching you to be self-sufficient. I am so proud that you know how to put your coat on the floor and put your arms in the sleeves and flip it over your head. Let's hope you don't use that skill as a crossover to flip your skirt over your head.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

I wish Mr. Diva would take responsibility for the boy's sleepovers. They didn't seem to mind me this year, but I figure in a few years I'm just going to be that cranky old woman who keeps telling them to be quiet.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home