Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Case of the Mysterious Sonic Drive-Thru Speaker Malfunction

I mentioned yesterday that my Sonic has been having speaker
issues. Every day, I drive though on the way home from school
for a Large Cherry Diet Coke, the elixir of the gods. For the
past two weeks, we have not been able to order. Instead of
taping a notebook-paper sign on the drive-thru menu/speaker
box, those crazy kids parked a truck in front of it, pointing the
wrong way, with a cardboard sign on the front: "Out of Order."

That meant we had to pull into a parking slot to order. Which
meant a tip for the girl who brings it. Man! I don't want to tip
when I'm getting my half-price happy hour soda. One of the
girls told my Hillbilly Mama that they had been sent the wrong
part, and were sending it back.

For a couple days, the speaker was back to normal. Monday,
we pulled in and sat, waiting to order. A bony, Olive Oyl-
looking girl came out and said, "It's broken. You'll have to pull
into a bay." I THINK NOT! I drove away. I went to a Citgo
and made myself a Diet Coke/Pink Lemonade concoction that
was nearly as good as the Sonic Cherry Diet Coke. Nyah, nyah,
nyah, Sonic. I am a slave to you no more. At least until you get
the drive-thru fixed.

But wait! My buddy Lanternlight left a comment that just maybe
the nation of Beclakia had sabotaged the Sonic. Hmm...methinks
he may be onto something. Rebecca has tried to dry up my Sonic
liquid gold before. Yes, our nation of Hillmomba has waged quite
a few battles with Beclakia over the past few months. After she
stole the Royal Crown of Hillmomba, it was ONNNN! And...
we have been putting up a good fight against them cow-lovin'
Beclakians. Thank Gummi Mary that the crown was returned by
my avenging teaching buddy, Mabel-Without-A-Blog.

Now I will watch the Citgo for signs of sabotage. You can't be
too careful these days.

Sorry for the post about nothing that is like a summer rerun of
you favorite show. The subject I REALLY wanted to discuss
is off limits, since I do not wish to lose my job over expressing
my opinion, which apparently is not my Constitution-given right.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
Nice to see our plan worked. Beclakia Rules!

Actually, the right part was sent, but it was given away as a toy with a kids meal. I guess that is what you get for hiring hillbilly labour.
HooRoo
Rebecca

8:59 PM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Bec,
You're lucky that I'm weak from lack of Sonic Cherry Diet Coke. Beclakia Rules, indeed. Beclakia DROOLS. We are toying with you. And not in a kid's meal kind of way. Make a Note to Self, Bec. "Hillbilly Labor" is like "Jumbo Shrimp". The words do not go together.

8:15 PM  
Blogger .- said...

OMG
I have NEVER tipped the sonic kid.
One of the sonic's we most frequent doesn't have a drive up.
Who knew I was supposed to tip?
dam
I am going to pretend I never read this....

11:00 AM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Velma,
Don't worry, my Hillbilly Mama never tips either, unless it's a quarter. That's worse than no tip, I think.

I never tipped anywhere until I worked for the state unemployment office and found out some of the waitresses don't even get minimum wage. They still have taxes held out at minimum wage rates and have to claim it as income, even if they don't get enough tips to make it to minimum wage.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home