Thursday, November 24, 2005

A Gift? For Meme?

Well, while I was away for the holiday, Misha left me a little
somthing. It's better than the little something my cats leave on the
porch. Hey, look! It's a MEME!!!

TEN YEARS AGO:
I had a son who was not quite one, and was attending my grandma's
funeral. She went quickly, due to a stroke, and that's the way to go.
You don't know you're going to die, it's over and done with. No
stress and no lingering. She was in her 80s. I should be so lucky.

FIVE YEARS AGO:
I had just returned to teaching, after a five-year break in which I
adjudicated unemployment claims for the Missouri Division of
Employment Security. I had two sons by now, ages six and one.

ONE YEAR AGO:
My husband was preparing to have spinal surgery during Christmas
vacation, and I was preparing to help Santa carry all those presents.

FIVE YUMMY THINGS:
Sonic Cherry Diet Coke
Chex Mix-my recipe
Hunan Chicken
Soft Pretzels with horseradish mustard
Symphony candy bar

FIVE SONGS I KNOW BY HEART:
Sand and Water...Beth Nielson Chapman
Gimme Three Steps...Lynyrd Skynyrd
Do You Love As Good As You Look...Bellamy Brothers
Trouble...Kristen Hersh
The Grass is Blue...Norah Jones

FIVE THINGS I WOULD DO WITH A LOT OF MONEY:
Pay off our house and 30 acres, the large SUV, the Ford F-250
Donate some to St.Judes, American Cancer Society
Buy a home computer for each of my students
Buy electronics for my genius son
Invest it to live on, in case I quit my job

FIVE THINGS I WOULD NEVER WEAR:
Thong. It's not for me.
False eyelashes
Spike heels
Wig
White pants

FIVE FAVORITE TV SHOWS:
ER
Amazing Race
Porter Wagoner Show (from the 1960s, on RFD channel)
Saturday Night Live
Real World/Road Rules Challenge

FIVE THINGS I ENJOY DOING:
Reading
Tormenting my kids
Blogging
Listening to music
Watching DVDs

FIVE PEOPLE TO INFLICT THIS ON:
Nobody
Anybody
Bigfoot
The headless apparition I saw in my basement
The 3-foot tall white entity I saw in the Cuba High School Gym

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
Five things you would never wear. Mmmm, now there is something to photoshop.
HooRoo
Rebecca

12:55 AM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

EEEEEEEEEEE!!!! The HORROR! Step away from the computer, Bec. Use your powers for good instead of evil.

It's a conspiracy! Misha set me up for your evil deeds. A conspiracy! Just like the feds tell us we landed on the moon, when I am sure we didn't. Everyone is out to trick old Hillbilly Mom. Well, I won't fall for it again, you Hillbilly Mom-trickers!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home