Saturday, May 20, 2006

Pool Plane Flu Ghost

Today we bought a swimming pool. It cost the tax refund and the
Bonus of Christmas Future. This ain't no Wal*Mart pool! It's a
21-foot round above-ground something-or-other. It's supposed
to be installed next week or the next. I am not a fan of the pool,
but since my Hillbilly Husband really wanted it, and the kids of
course wanted it, I loosened the purse strings and gave in. They'd
better be in it all day every day, until their skin is wrinkly and fish-
belly white. It's a lot of money for something to play in 3 months
a year. Just think of how much fun I could have gambling with
that money!

My #2 son flew his styrofoam airplane up onto the roof this
morning, just before we left to go pool-shopping. HH told him,
"Don't worry. It'll blow down." When we returned, it was not
on the roof. "See, I told you. Now, where is it?" And #1 son
replied, "Hey! Cubby still has part of it in his mouth!" I have
issues with those Poopies. I swear, I am going to write a post
all about them as soon as I get a recent picture. Hillbilly Mom
is not pleased.

HH is recovering from his flu. Actually, he never even coughed
or sneezed. That Tamiflu must be a miracle drug. I have been
sicker than him. He does have a problem with the cellulitis, but
the doctor said it was slowly healing, and gave him another 10
days antibiotic refill in case he needs it.

Not much else worth reporting...so I'll go on. I suppose I'll
return to my regularly scheduled bedroom soon. HH is no longer
contagious, and I have coughed up just about all the lung tissue
I can spare. #1 son, who has not slept in his bedroom for about
two years now, wants me out. "Hey, do you think you can sleep
on the top bunk?" Great Googley Moogley! That boy must get
his lack of common sense from HH. I am not about to sleep on
the top bunk. He won't even want the room, once I'm gone.

I do not enjoy sleeping there. It is the formerly haunted bedroom.
The one which used to be 10 degrees colder than the rest of the
house, winter, spring, summer, fall. It was not a heating or cooling
issue. It was colder year-round. A couple nights ago, I was putting
#2 son back to bed in his room across the hall. I'd found him
sitting up in bed, wide awake, at 2:00 a.m. I sent him to the toilet,
and tucked him in. He left on the bathroom light, which is at the
end of the hall, between the bedrooms. As I was looking at little
#2 in his bed, a shadow went across the bathroom door. Like
someone was walking around in the bathroom. EEEEEE! I don't
know what it was. I tried to tell myself it was a piece of my lovely
lady-mullet. Not walking around in the bathroom, silly! Swinging
across my cheek by my eye, looking like a shadow in the light.
Nope. All hair was tucked behind my ear.

I turned off the bathroom light and went to bed. Of course I
heard talking. I don't know what it was. All TVs were off. I tried
to tell myself it was HH in our bedroom at the other end of the
house, talking in his sleep. I hope that's what it was. Though I've
never heard him all the way across the house. I kept my eyes
closed, and my appendages under the blanket, so I was fine.

I really must get a life.

9 Comments:

Blogger Chickadee said...

My mother-in-law lives in a haunted house. Every now and then something will be moved and at just about the same time every year, MIL will smell the scent of candles that are just burned out. FIL has the same experience so my MIL isn't crazy or anything.

Ohhh a pool! Just think, you'll have all the kids and adults wanting to wade around in your new cool pool. How long will it take to install? A day? Or more? I would think something like that would take a few days to install.

http://www.danno.org/blogs

8:16 PM  
Blogger LanternLight said...

I suddenly realise that "Hillbilly Mansion" is like one of those eight-ball things which offer up advice.

I'm sure that the world's wisdom can be found here.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Chick,
I, too, have experienced the smells. My dad's pipe tobacco, which was a mix of Kentucky Club and some cherry stuff, I've smelled in my #2 son's room, and in the car on the way to work. Another was frying bacon, which we only have a couple times a year. And we don't have neighbors close enough to get their cooking smells into our closed-up, air-conditioned house. Then there is the cigarette smoke, and nobody has ever smoked in our house. We are a family of non-smokers. The blown-out candle smell I had a couple weeks ago, in my basement office. HH and the boys sometimes burn one upstairs at bath time, but this was afternoon, and they were over at the barn.

The pool is supposed to be up in one day, the way the salesman told it. But he needed help with writing up the order, so I'm not that confident in his info. I will try to get some pics while it is going up. The wait will be once it's filled with well water. It will take about a week to get warm enough, even with the solar cover.


Lantern,
I'm a regular Mystical 9 Sphere, I am. Need advice, just ask. And I've been known to give it to people who don't ask, too.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Can I access your June 4th post at all? I wanted to read on about the basement haunting and stuff. We had a haunted place too. I phones my Aunt and since she is "Connected" spiritualy with all beings she was able to help me rid the place of the little old lady who walked the place at night, and the day sometimes too.
Oh, a pool, yes, as Rebecca said, the indicator for my white haired kids to get out of a pool aint the wrinkly skin, its their green glowing mage of hair!!! LOL

6:09 PM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Cazzie,
I don't know how to link it here, but if you want to read more of my hauntings, go to the bottom of my blogroll where it says Redneck Review (my 1st blog). Once you click on that, you go to the June archives. After it loads, scroll all the way to the bottom, and it will start with June 1. Just go up until you find June 4. There are several different haunted posts around that time period.

I don't know who could be haunting our house. We built it, and we are the only family who has ever lived in it.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Hillbilly Mom,
I know this is weird, but I want to see a photo of your blow up pool from last year, inside your new pool from this year.
You may be shaking your head right now, but your kids will think this idea rocks.
HooRoo
Rebecca

7:33 PM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Bec,
When the new pool is completed, I will show a picture of both. You will have to photoshop to put the old in the new. I hear that you're quite good at that photoshop thingy. Shrek's first wife told me, after her Las Vegas wedding.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Chances are your ground is haunted. Seriously. Maybe ya got ya some old indians on the place or sumthin'. *shrugs*

I know who is it - or at least one of them - in our house. She splits her time between our house and her granddaughter's house. The granddaughter's house is up the road a bit. I think she's checkin' on the kids.

I love your haunted mansion stories!!

And I am OH SO JEALOUS of your pool!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Hillbilly Mom said...

Diva,
Neighbors have found old cannon balls on the land around here. It may be some Civil War thingy. There are also many arrowheads to be found when the creek runs high and stirs things up. The figure I saw in my basement was wearing an old-timey suit, so he was no Indian. (And since that's your ancestors, and you used the term, I ain't a-worried about being politically correct with 'Native American' like all the textbooks these days.)

The little guy used to tell me his grandpa came to visit him at night, so that might be part of it with the smells. Your entity seems to be more active than ours. Though that bad light bulb in the basement has buzzed at me the last two nights as I'm getting ready to go upstairs...

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home